Sunday, October 05, 2008

Day One

Day One is really quite unremarkable. And when Day One turned into Day Two is also sort of confusing because of being in the air and the time change.

I called a bunch of folks in Detroit before my longer flight to Amsterdam. I just wanted to make sure I was going to be missed sufficiently. My last call was to my dad. He said “Are you taking a flight route over the artic?” I said “Maybe. So when the plane crashes my corpse will be frozen and in tact.”

I had a craving for spaghetti during my layover in Detroit. I couldn’t find any (and I was in the good, new terminal). So, I had a burger at Chili’s.

When I get on the plane from DTW to AMS I am crestfallen to see that there are no personal video screens. They’ll be showing “Miss Pettigrew Lives For a Day” in the middle of the night. I guess I will be finishing my book. Tobias was right. American operated airlines suck.

No comments: