Saturday, April 26, 2008

Our first assignment as cows was to greet people entering the show. We weren't allowed to talk so if I was asked a question I had to bend my entire upper body to get that enormous cow head to nod "yes" or "no." We made a few kids cry. We ended up in lots of pictures. I was so hoping to run into someone from work and freak the hell of out them but that didn't happen.

Once insde the convention center there was a car display and one of the cows got into the Pontiac or whatever is was. I pretended to be browsing and shopping. I held up some clothese to my cow costume. All too small *sigh.*

Our second assignment was to be in a cow fashion show. We were on the main stage at the event. We each had about a minute to strut our stuff down the "cow-walk." I tried to Charleston but that felt a little risky.

I was Santa Cow. Chick-fil-A is a very Christian company. I really wanted to wish someone a Happy Hanukah. Someone also said that I looked like a skinny cow and I so wanted to say that I lost weight on the Subway diet. I did not do any of these things. Just thought them.

Barb was Back to School Cow.

Right before I went on stage for my "number" my ear really started to itch. Instinctively, I lifted my had to itch my ear. Oops. So I was just kind of pushing my head inside the neck of the cow to itch the ear. I felt like a horse trying to get a fly off of it's nose.

I think the funniest part was at the end of the fashion show the others cows jumped off the stage to circulate with the audience. Yeah. I was not going to jump off the stage in that outfit and risk public humiliation (being inside the cow costume is private humiliation - nobody knows it's you). I'm surprised Barb jumped off. Her cow feet were way too big and she kind of walked like a drunk cow because of it.

So I was kind of meandering on the catwalk and the MC said (to the whole audience) "Does Santa Cow needs some help getting off the stage?" And then they sent me a Cow Helper do guide me into the audience.

I laughed start to finish. What a funny morning. And we had Chick-fil-A for lunch.

Here's our runway.

And here is me as Santa Cow. I am trying to look like I'm dancing but I'm not. You can probably tell.

No comments: