Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mooooooooooo

So, pal Barb has a friend who is a marketing manager at Chick-fil-A.

There was a woman's show in Raleigh. People pay $10 to go into a convention center type space so they can spend more money on the wares inside.

Chick-fil-A sponsored the woman's show.

I've never heard of Chick-fil-A until I moved down here but they're a fast food chain that's closed on Sundays. They're all about chicken - so the advertising features cows who encourage you to "Eat More Chickin" (cows aren't great spellers).

So, as part of the sponsorship Chick-fil-A was passing out litte plush cows. But, they also had some very big plush cows.

Do you know where this is going?

It's going to Jamie and Barb in cow costumes. Barb has had a longstanding desire to get to be a cow but she's too short for the grown up cow costume. Lucky for Barb, this was a bigger deal event and they had baby cow costumes. I was just supposed to be a Cow Helper but one of the cows didn't show up and I was more than enthusiastic to step in. And I got to be a grownup cow because I'm tall enough.

Barb and I were laughing about the whole thing until I got in the costume. Then, there was no air left to laugh. It is very hot in there. And there's only one place with ventilation and a view to the outside world so I had to alternate between getting fresh air and seeing where I was going.

Here are some pics. But keep reading. Because it gets better.

Barb after one round in the costumes.

That's me. I wish there was a way you could tell.

My head is in the neck of the cow. Look how big I am.


No comments: