Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Art of Upside Down

I love being upside down. 

Earlier this week at Cross Fit I hung upside down on the rings for 2 minutes.
I was pleased with the duration but around a minute thirty my form was shaky.

Form First.  

I love this about Cross Fit.  Form, form, form.  

And in the spirit of that I resolved to get my form perfect and bail the second it isn't sustainably so.  
Two minutes can wait.

Today, "Born Ready Missy Coach Paul" and side-kick Dave (owns the place) spent time working with me.  I love what they strive for me to do, the corrections made throughout my attempt without sugar coating but still supportive.  Taking video was most helpful as it looks much different than it feels.

My favorite part of this video is when
Dave says "Right there."
and Paul says "No, not right there."

The joint coaching in general is the most (only) entertaining thing about this video, actually.


I've enjoyed the recent gymnastics focus at Cross Fit.
I'm going to share some dancing aerials videos with Dave/Paul and suggest throwing (ha ha) them into skill practice.  The real plan is to find someone and seduce them (this isn't going where you think it is) to join aerials practice. 

Paul still hates Michael Kelley.  


No comments: