Wednesday, November 09, 2011

à bientôt

Last day at McKinney.  Doesn't feel as surreal as I thought.
The agency isn't going anywhere.  And neither am I.
I've not woken up every morning for the past five and half years and gone into the office.  

Many people send some type of goodbye e-mail when they leave.  After some deliberation here's what I wrote.  

***

Subject: à bientôt

Today is my last day at McKinney.
On Monday, I'm headed up the road to Duke to work with Dan Ariely at The Center for Advanced Hindsight.

Dan spoke at McKinney during the summer of 2009 and everyone got a copy of his book, "Predictably Irrational."  
We all make a living in an industry that relies on irrational consumer behavior.  
I'm going to be taking a closer look at it.

McKinney provided inspiration for this next step.
Thank you McKinney.
Thanks to all of you.

à bientôt*
-Jamie



*French for  "I'll see you later, goodbye for now."  

I'm up the road.
I run into McKinney people all the time around town.  
Really, I will see you later.

***
Ok, this was surreal.






No comments: