Friday, April 15, 2011

What the hell is aTurkish Get-Up?

At first I was confused when I previewed the Cross Fit workout of the day.
What the hell is Turkish Get-Up?
The mall rat in me beat out the gym rat and I thought "Wardrobe?"

Then I watched a video and was thrilled.
Here's a still of this move in action (is a still of a move in action an impossible object?)

I haven't been able to do any swing dancing aerials this year (UNC class conflict) and I'm antsy to fly.
Having someone lift me off the ground and hold me over their head would be close enough.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed when I walked into the gym and people were lifting kettlebells, not people.  Well, as soon as someone is ready to lift 125 pounds of something many times the size a kettlebell with no handle (or love handles for that matter) I'm game.

Compare the image below the the image of me to your right.  The similarity is striking, no?

No comments: