Friday, August 29, 2008

Dark

Over a year ago (August 23rd, 2007) I wrote a post about the damn lamp outside of my bedroom that glows like it's Vegas. I had several clever ideas for remedying the situation including building a fort of cardboard boxes and sheets around my bed frame or just throwing a heavy object at the lamp and blowing it out. In the end, I had to take the traditional route of curtains. A double window treatment, no less, with tie backs and all sorts of bullshit that gave my room an undesired B&B feel, relative to the rest of it.

Light still found a way into my bedroom but I just got used to it.

I woke up the other night and upon my return to my room, Ouch - I hit the bed frame. I never hit the bed....WAIT! I can't see.

I can't see. The light is out. Hooray! I am so excited I can hardly sleep (the irony). I trust my building will take their time replacing it, if they even notice. I file maintenance requests for just about everything but not this.

And, those curtains are coming down.

No comments: