Saturday, March 22, 2008

Numbers of the Day: 77 and 32

77 - Temperature today (disregard previous post about being too cold).
32 - miles I biked. On a hybrid bike.

With a team of road bikers with clip shoes. I had sneakers and toe cages.

I kept up through mile 26. Then, I was a slow, slow poke.

When I returned to the start I stopped the bike, released one foot, tried to release the other but my whole leg kind of gave out on me and I couldn't get out of the cage and I totally fell over. In front of my fellow bikers (good thing I already had their admiration for keeping up). It was one of those moments where I knew I was going to fall and there was nothing I could do about it except grin. And that's exactly what I did.

During the ride I was having that terrific feeling of "If I were to be doing anything right now, it would be this." I guess that's called satisfaction.

I am smelly, sticky, and hurting.

It was awesome.

1 comment:

Brita said...

Special request from your old friend Geburta: can you set your blog so that complete entries show up in my Bloglines reader, instead of just the first few lines?

Your skirt is so pretty, and I'm jealous that it's warm enough where you are for biking! My friends are getting ready to bike across the country: http://rayandannabike.blogspot.com

Happy Easter!